The focus of this webinar on High School (Grade 8 to 12) Calculus is to grasp the core concepts of the subject using vivid analogies and intuitive online tools, without getting lost in the mechanical definitions and unending algebraic calculations, so you can discover and admire the beauty of calculus itself without distraction, and experience the subject from the core. To register, fill the registration form below. The last date for registration is 26 November 2021.
This is an intensive 2 hours and 15 minutes session, conducted online through the Zoom platform; intended towards teachers and motivated students seeking to explore calculus concepts in a completely new and refreshing way!
So, if you want to stay ahead of the curve, and have fun; just dive in.
Details of the Online Workshop
|How to Register||Fill and submit the Registration Form, given Below.
|• For Members of Khwarizmi Science Society: FREE
• For Non-members of Khwarizmi Science Society: Rs 2,000
• For International Participants: Fee waivers available
|Instructor Profile||The instructor, Hasan Khan, holds a Master’s Degree in Particle and Nuclear Physics from Finland and has been involved in high school mathematics and physics teaching for over 8 years in Europe (Copenhagen) and in Africa. He is also certified from CERN in teaching physics and from ESA (European Space Agency) in integrating ICT in Physics and Maths education.
|• Working knowledge of basic elementary school Algebra, Trigonometry, and Functions are required.
• Access to internet and computer.
• Motivated and curious mind.
• No computer programming experience is needed.
|Intended Audience||The webinar is for high school teachers but highly motivated F.Sc., A-levels, and IB students are more than welcomed to join!
|Workshop Agenda||1. Making Sense of Mathematics
2. Introduction to Desmos (A Free Application to learn Maths)
3. Limits: Why do we need them?
4. Derivatives: Quantifying the change. Applications.
5. Integration: Area under the curve
6. How come the area under a curve (Integration) is the opposite of slope (derivative)?
7. Gamified learning: Quizizz/Kahoot
|Mode of Delivery||The sessions will be conducted on Zoom from 03:00 pm to 05:10 pm on 27 November 2021, Saturday.
|Certificates ||Students who complete the workshop will be awarded a completion certificate.