Dr. Saadat Anwar Siddiqi is an Advisor at the Interdisciplinary Reseaarch Center in Biomedical Materials (IRCBM), COMSTATS IIT, Lahore. He is also the Past-President of the Pakistan Physical Society. Dr. Siddiqi obtained his Ph.D. from the University of Newcastle Upon Tyne in material science. His Ph.D. thesis was on the subject of silicon nitrides, silicones and sialons. His current research interests in the Centre include high temperature superconductivity, electron microscopy, electronic materials, magnetic materials, nanomaterials and Auger microscopy. Dr. Siddiqi has widely published in national and international journals and has been involved in various movements aimed towards the popularization of science in Pakistan. His current interests in Biomedical materials are:
- Synthesis and Characterization of Novel Bioceramics for Orthopedic Applications.
- Hydroxy-apatite based scaffolds preparation and its Tissue Engineering, IRCBM project.
- Preparation of Biomaterials from Natural Marine Sources
- Deposition of Bioceramic Coatings onto metallic substrates using Dip Coating, Electrophoretic and Blasting techniques for Application in Biomedical Implants
- Preparation and Characterization of Biomaterials by Electro Spinning Technique
Dr. Siddiqi is the founder of the Khwarizmi Science Society.